Tuesday, November 05, 2013

COSI FAN TUTTE

Yesterday I arrived late at the memoir slam, where our subjects were "Betrayal" and "February." On the former I talked about my experience taking Grade 10 correspondence courses from the New Brunswick Community College, which left me with an ulcer; on the latter I mentioned that my birthday is that month.  I wish the subjects had been in the reverse order, because I had more to write about the first one and wasn't finished writing when they started reading their stories, so I missed some interesting stuff.

Last night at choir practice we did a couple of new songs for soloist as well as chorus, though there weren't yet any soloists singing with us.  One was Adeste Fideles, the other Schubert's lullaby "Mille Cherubini in Coro." The latter's a nice piece, and today I was listening to it on Youtube, both the original German solo and Andrea Boccelli and choir in a resonant cathedral. (Moira doesn't care for Boccelli's singing.)

This afternoon I was putting away some of my new comics and took some out of the closet.  The mice took a big bite out of some of my early Prince Valiant Sundays!  They'd been safe earlier when I stored them flat against the floor.  But somehow (Moira's doing or mine?) they got pushed against the closet wall, enabling the critters to get in.

This evening at opera rehearsal we finally worked on Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte.  The chorus is just three or four numbers in it, but of course it's nice music.

No comments: