Friday, December 06, 2013

Am I getting a cold?

Yesterday morning when I went to see Dr. Hassan, I had a huge headache.  It must have been due to the sudden mild weather:  big temperature changes seem to give me headaches.  But I found that when I started to talk to him, the headache eased somewhat.

Last night I went to Lillian's Karaoke Meetup at the Fox & Fiddle near Wellesley station.  But there was a long wait because of a fundraiser for the Philippines, and the noise got to me.  So just like when we went to Mayday Malone's, I quit after one song: "Every Breath You Take." (It seemed to be an audience favorite, and people were singing along with me.)

Today I woke up with a big sore throat.  Later I went to make a reservation for Sunday's ROLT Meetup, but it turned out that in the winter months the Central doesn't open till 4:00.  So I changed the location to Victory Cafe, like in October. (This December I'm doing children's stories, like I did last December.  And when I did it the first time, I was burdened with a cold.  I hope history doesn't repeat itself!)

In that Facebook Game The Tribez I finally made the breakthrough of building marble pits on the new Marble Fiord island.  First I had to upgrade Marble Fiord's main building, which meant constructing and upgrading a couple of mansions, all of which took a lot of cut stone, much of which I shipped from the Isle of the Ancients.  Now I can ship marble back for higher-level construction there.  But producing cut marble will require sand from Mystery Shore island, which I've now also entered.

No comments: