Monday, December 09, 2013

Christmas concert

Yesterday would have been the December ROLT Meetup, but after half an hour nobody else came so Moira and I went home.  It turned out that two people came later, so it bugged me that Moira had been pressuring me to leave.  Then again, maybe I would have left anyway.

At the memoir group today the two subjects were "Telling lies" and "A teacher or relative." One the former subject, I recalled this Mormon public service ad with singing and dancing kids telling real kids not to lie.  For the latter subject, everyone else  wrote about teachers they'd known, but I wrote about Aunt Alma.  Selia was away and the organizer who replaced her noticed a subject card that I'd submitted for the subject "Semi-maturity" that she wanted to throw out, but I insisted it was a good subject.

I was a bit late to the event because I'd seen an episode of Boardwalk Empire before leaving since I want to make sure of seeing all twelve episodes before the set gets due for return Friday.

This evening was the choir's Christmas concert. ("Mille Cherubini in Coro" has been going through my head.) There was such a big crowd that they had to find extra chairs and seat some people in the mezzanine.

No comments: