Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Getting rid of those cookies

I brought some of my cookies to the memoir slam yesterday afternoon. (They were popular enough.) Our first subject was "What a way to die!" We put it back to choose another subject, but then we drew it a second time!  It was meant to be, and we had a lot to say about it.  I ended up musing about how I might like to die and what to do with my body.  The second subject was Walt Disney (a subject I'd submitted) and we had a lot to say about that too.  Among many other things, I mentioned that my house key is on a Goofy key ring, and that visiting California's Disneyland is on my bucket list.

I also brought cookies to the choir dress rehearsal.  Pablo from the opera came to sing solo in the concert.  Adolfo will be playing the Waltz of the Flowers from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker and Vince Guaraldi's "Lucy and Linus" from the Peanuts TV specials.  And Giovanni and some woman will be singing the duet "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

Next month the Non-Fiction Book Club will be discussing A Concise History of Byzantium.  It's in short supply in the libraries and on the Chapters and Indigo bookshelves, so I ordered a used copy online.

I had to quit that online game Anno because I ran out of money and couldn't figure out what to do next.

No comments: