Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas dinner

"Sing it again, Mommy." "I don't want to torture the mice"--Boardwalk Empire

I've finished the third season of Boardwalk Empire.  Saw five episodes between Tuesday and Wednesday, so I managed to return the discs a day before they were due. (I noticed an anachronism: the song "Happy Birthday to You" only appeared in the 1930s!) Funny how I ended up liking Al Capone.

Last night the choir performed part of our Christmas concert at the Blythwood Baptist church.  They included us in their Christmas dinner too!

Tonight I went to a social gathering of the Non-Fiction Book Club Meetup at the Fox & Fiddle near St. George station.  Rose brought us together to discuss what directions to take the group in, but we're pretty satisfied.  We had an interesting discussion on a lot of different things.

I'm really enjoying One Summer.  Bill Bryson has an eye for telling, amusing details.

No comments: