Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Another coincidence

At the memoir slam yesterday, the subjects were "Potluck dinners" and "The biggest mistake." I didn't feel like writing about the biggest mistake I'd made, so I ended up writing about a mistake I actually didn't mind, just because it was MY mistake!  On the subject of potluck dinners, I ended up digressing into times when John and Kathrine brought vegan dinner over and I ended up sneaking out to McDonald's or KFC.

Not for the first time, there was a coincidence between the memoir pieces I was writing about and what I did that day.  For yes, John and Kathrine did bring over dinner that day.  But I actually had a good excuse for sneaking out:  they were late arriving and I was pressed for time because of choir practice. (But before I left I did get the chance to have some of their nice garlic bread.)

At choir practice that night we started doing the Carol of the Bells, but we're doing it in its original Ukrainian!  That language has sounds like "shch" and "hh."

At opera rehearsal this evening we started the last act of Carmen.  We're actually doing an onstage number from that part that was edited out the last time we did it. (Opera productions aren't an exact science.)

No comments: