Monday, October 21, 2013

The social whirl

Friday night I attend another trivia contest put on by Sash's Toronto Social Friends group, which took place at Fran's Restaurant near Carlton station.  Once again I was one of the top finishers.  In each round we formed new teams and had to choose a team name, so I chose the movies titles "The Wild Bunch" and "The Meanest Men in the West." (I was surprised how hard much of the second round was.) For my dessert prize I chose rice pudding.

I was late getting to the Actor's Meetup yesterday, so I didn't do much:  just a generic scene where I'm openly worrying and the other guy is resisting worry.

Last night I went to an Asperger's Meetup for the first time in a while.  We had an Indian dinner at the Banjara restaurant near Eglinton Station. (I ordered chicken biryani and butter naan bread.) There were five of us, all boys, but I was unfamiliar with most of them.

This afternoon I was going to go on a Professor's Walk up Dufferin, all the way from Bloor to Yorkdale Mall!  But I lost interest and stayed home.  I finished harvesting the potatoes, and they fill both of our big bowls.  Some of them are reasonably big.

Last week I tried a new Facebook game called Trainstation, but I couldn't get into it. (Joining locomotives and wagons isn't my thing.) But I have become interested in another one called Tribez [sic], which involves building a prehistoric village.

No comments: