Monday, October 07, 2013

Autumn damp

Yesterday's Acting Meetup still attracted a good twenty people.  Someone did a commercial pitch for Captain Morgan's rum, and that character appealed to me.  So when I did a pitch for this fish vitamin that improves your skin I performed it as Captain Morgan! (I started by swooping off my imaginary hat.) I also did a scene from Elysium, where my only three lines were "Where are the guns?" "What is this?  Family Heirloom?" and "Hmm--yeah, it'll do."  I had a bit of a headache, so I didn't mind.  I entered the scene at a slow, steady pace to suggest a gangster.

I've finished Larry McMurtry's Roads.  I haven't read any of the "50 ideas you really need to know" series for a while, so now I've started reading the entry on architecture.  I knew a bit about gothic architecture because I recently saw J. Bronowski discussing it in The Ascent of Man, and I also knew about Doric, Ionian and Corinthian columns (which Vitruvius compared to a man, a woman and a maiden respectively).

This afternoon I went on a Walking Meetup with some Culturelink people.  We met at Victoria Park station and walked through Dentonia Park.  The weather was damp with autumn gloom:  you could see fog around the tall buildings.  But that weather appeals to me.  I considered seeing Ingmar Bergman's The Seventh Seal again at the event screen, but the day was gloomy enough.

I've been getting into Facebook's Sunshine Bay game.  Just now I'm saving money to upgrade my port to allow a greater capacity for passengers.  After that I'll replace some of my businesses, which I don't really need, with residences to increase the passenger flow. (I won't be able to buy more land till I get a fourth neighbor.) Only then will I save to buy more sport yachts.  And I still won't need to upgrade the town hall to increase the resident capacity for a while, because I'm not yet close to full.  Fuel upgrades aren't needed either.

No comments: