Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sunshine Bay

A Facebook game I recently started playing is Sunshine Bay.  That's a game where you send out cruise boats to different destinations, requiring passengers and fuel.  (You get the passengers by building houses on your land.) It's a game that requires long-term strategic thinking.

I've outgrown pleasure boats, which only go on local cruises.  But I still have a single small yacht, which goes to the Bahamas or Cuba. (Who cares about Washington's embargo?) It's no longer needed for the specific challenges, but it's nice to have one boat that needs only twenty passengers.  I also have one high-speed catamaran, an intermediate-sized boat that goes to Bermuda, Haiti, New York, Cancun or Venice.  I still need it for one challenge, but I imagine there won't be much more of that.  But I have two sports yachts that go to Buenos Aires, Vancouver, San Francisco, Reikjavik, Dublin or Barcelona, and I'll be getting more soon when I've accumulated enough coin, as well as a business yacht.  First I've had to replace a couple of docks so they'll accommodate boats at that level.  All that costs coin, and I've planned the order of purchases carefully.  I'll also upgrade the lighthouse to allow for a fifth dock, in addition to replacing the smaller boats.

Some players spend a lot of real money--something I only do as a last resort--and get a lot of land for buildings.  But I prefer to use the land I do have more intensively. (Beachfront expansion is a higher priority.) First, I largely got rid of my business buildings, whose income isn't so important, to focus on residential buildings.  Now I'm going to replace several of the buildings with villas that produce passengers every hour, which I consider the best frequency.  Things will be easier when I've expanded the port terminal to allow a bigger reserve of collected passengers, but it can wait.  So can other improvements like expanding the city hall for greater residential population--which I don't need--and creating a solar plant.  So far fuel supply hasn't been a problem.

No comments: