Friday, October 04, 2013

Plantar fasciitis

Wednesday I finally went to see Dr. Ang, and it turned out I have plantar fasciitis.  Moira has had that too, but she runs a lot more than I do.  She recommended some foot exercises (which Moira knows all about) and suggested insoles for my shoes.  Moira also mentioned that her hairdresser recommends a change of shoes.

I've been wearing my previous pair of shoes, whose soles are a bit worn, but my condition is already easing.  This evening I finally got out to the drugstore and bought the cheapest pair of insoles I could find. (Tell me I'm not my father's son!) That meant I had to cut them to my foot size of 8 1/2; unfortunately, I cut them to a woman's 8 1/2, which is more like a man's 6 1/2.

Wednesday I went to rent the Danish version of The Killing at Suspect Video in Mirvish Village. (I used to go there a lot a decade ago, before we started our zip.ca subscription.) Unfortunately, they had no copies of the first half which we wanted, though they had three copies of the second half!  I've been hoping to rent the third season of Treme, but that still isn't out.  

Instead, Moira and I went out to 2Q Video where she decided to rent The World at War, the 1973 British documentary series about World War II.  What a powerful show it is! (I'm seeing it for the fourth time.)  It's very clear and well-structured, with a lot of interesting people being interviewed.  But it's also rather depressing.

1 comment:

Hannan Aslam said...

Companion, this site may be fabolous, i simply like it. http://plantarfasciitissupport.net/