Friday, October 11, 2013

Busy evenings

Tuesday night I went to opera rehearsal.  Just as I approached the bus stop I realized I'd left my Metropass at home!  I had to go back and get it, so I was twenty minutes late. (Oh well, I'm usually early.)

Last night I went to see Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl at the Event Screen with the Classic Movie Meetup group.  But the projector broke down (it was delivering sound without picture) and they gave all of us rainchecks.  Actually, it was probably for the best because I wasn't feeling well.

This evening I went on the Queen Street art walk.  One of the places we went to was a boutique selling Japanese art prints that just moved there from Yorkville.  In the back they were having an exhibition of Hiroshige's landscape prints.  Hiroshige's one of my favorites! (I especially like his winter images.)

What with my schedule, I've been watching The World at War in the afternoons while Moira watches it in the evenings.  Just today I saw the episode about the incredible Battle of Stalingrad.  The budget standoff in the American government reminds me of Stalingrad, with the Republican extremists ruling out compromise like Hitler ruling out retreat, and the Democrats forced to take a stand like the Russians.

No comments: