Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Group photo

Larry McMurtry on Edmund Wilson: "He was a great describer--after all, he even described Finnegans Wake"--Roads

At the memoir slam we did life on a farm (I wrote about our family garden) and vacations.  Selia wrote about a vacation where she found out some girls she'd admired had stolen something, and that's all she could remember about it.

At choir practice we posed for our group photo so we were dressed fancy, largely in black. (I wore my black suit and black tie, but with a grey shirt.) They had us stand on a staircase so we could all get in the shot.  We also did a new song combining "O, Holy Night" and "Silent Night."

I was pleased that John George showed up. (He'd missed the earlier rehearsals, and Giovanni was giving me a lift afterward instead.) He told me that he was taking up reading Ernest Hemingway, so I promised to lend him a volume of Hemingway's short stories that I have in my room.

My right foot got sore around the heel instep and has me limping.  The odd thing is that I have no idea why:  it just got sore. (Someone in the choir said that when you get older soreness often comes out of nowhere.) I'll have to see my doctor about it.

No comments: