Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back to the choir

At yesterday's memoir slam our subjects were junk (which we had a lot to say about) and horses.  I ended up talking about that song "Where Do You Worka, John?" which I had on a little record when I was a kid.

Last night was the first choir rehearsal of the new year.  We're going to do an inspirational concert, raising funds for a charity for homeless families.  We started learning a prayer song that Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli did as a duet, and the gospel song "How Great Thou Art." (I remember Elvis singing that.) The one copying out the first song forgot to copy page six, but fortunately we were all repeating the earlier melody (at a slightly higher pitch) with no harmony.

Last month after the concert at the Blythwood church I left my binder with the music scores in Don's car, or at least I hope that's where I left it.  Don didn't make it last night, and it isn't clear whether he's found it. (That binder has my opera scores too, and a couple of pages from the memoir slam that I haven't yet blogged.)

I'm now learning some new Greek.  Last night I learned the Archimedes quote that translates, "Give me somewhere to stand and I can move the earth by myself." Before now I've put the Greek writing and my makeshift dictionary on the same document, but now I got the idea to separate them into two.

No comments: