Friday, January 03, 2014

THE WOLF OF WALL STREET

Spin doctor: "Denmark is rather unsexy"--Borgen

This evening I saw Martin Scorcese's The Wolf of Wall Street at the Yonge & Eglinton. (I was supposed to see it with a Movie Meetup group, but I couldn't find them.) The movie was more sad than funny, and I felt its three-hour running time fully.  I suppose I would have liked it more when I was younger.  Scorcese's Goodfellas (one of my favorite movies) and Ted Demme's Blow handled similar material better.

This afternoon I saw two episodes of Borgen. (Since I was going out in the evening, the episode that Moira saw then I'd seen already.) The first was really terrific, combining issues of terrorist suspect rendition, Greenland sovereignty and journalists dealing with anonymous sources.  The second was more conventional, with a sexy female minister played by an actress who looked exactly like supermodel Helena Christiansen (but wasn't her).

I've finally quit Candy Crush Saga (for now, goodness knows) after getting up to level 89.  In Pet Rescue Saga I'm still stuck at level 52, but I've reached level 59 before and I don't want to quit that game until I've reached at least that level again.

No comments: