Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back to the opera

Last night was the new year's first opera rehearsal.  We blocked out the second, third and fourth acts of Carmen. (We'll review the first act next week.) When I told Susan that I'd learned to say "Ola, bonatinha" she said that they'd have to find me a Portuguese girl to say it to!

Moira rented the DVDs of the first half of the second season of Borgen.  I'd guessed they'd have Katrine go to work for that creep Laugesen.  At one point Kasper carelessly called his new girlfriend Katrine, and just afterward we saw on Netflix the episode of Cheers! where Diane's then-boyfriend Frasier told Sam about her calling out Sam's name at an intimate moment. (He renamed himself and Diane Thor and Elektra.) Coincidence!

I finally got through Level 82 of Pet Rescue Saga by using a cheat measure.  That's the first time I've used it playing this game, and I hope it's the last!  I was stuck on Level 85 too, but just now I've managed to get past it.

Running short again.  I posted the next ROLT event just the other day--the topic is city life--and fifteen people have already said they're coming!  Maybe the group's reaching critical mass. (We now have over 250 members.)

No comments: