Sunday, January 12, 2014

Karaoke

Last night I attended Lillian's Karaoke Meetup.  It was going to be at Mayday Malone's but at the last minute it turned out that some group had rented the whole place that night so she had to change the location to the Fox & Fiddle near Wellesley station. (I've had to do that sort of thing with the ROLT Meetup a couple of times.) I arrived early, but the weather was so mild that I was able to await Lillian outside the entrance!

This karaoke emphasized a comic approach and we had a long wait while they showed unusually vulgar music videos for songs like "Wrong Hole" (don't ask). I sang Weird Al Yankovic's "Eat It" (an appropriate song for this place) but left after one song.

Tonight I also went to Jonah's Karaoke Meetup at BarPlus.  

This afternoon I went to the first Acting Meetup of the new year.  I did a scene from CSI:  Criminal Minds with Milan, who also comes from Sackville, N.B.!  At the end Ivan had us stand in a circle and take turns saying what we wanted to get out of this class, and I said I wanted to become less shy and more outgoing.

Level 78 on Pet Rescue Saga was a bearcat, but I managed to get past it a few days ago.  But Level 82 is even worse and I think I'll quit for now.

No comments: