Friday, January 24, 2014

Thursday Acting Meetups

I've decided not to join the Cosi Fan Tutte chorus for next month's opera.  It just feels like more trouble than it's worth.

The Acting Meetup now meets on Thursday afternoons as well as Saturdays.  I went there this afternoon and performed a scene from The Wire where I was Bubbles' drug rehab sponsor, telling him he had to learn to forgive himself. (I must see that whole series soon!) 

I'll miss the group two weeks from now because I have an appointment with my shrink.  Then I'll miss it three weeks from now because I just scheduled a dental checkup for then today. (Maybe I should have asked for a different date, but I'm just too polite.) In addition I've just joined a new Acting Meetup that's also on Saturday afternoons!

This evening I joined Lillian's Karaoke Meetup, which was renting a room at Gorhe Gorhe, a Korean karaoke place just around the corner from Christie station.  At that place, after you finish a song the machine somehow calculates to give you a score out of 100. (I'd like to know its criteria.) Once or twice I got a perfect 100!  At this place behind the lyrics of the song you're singing they'll show the video for an unrelated song--I noticed this because they sometimes showed the same video for different songs.

After leaving the karaoke place, I peeked in the nearby Baskin-Robbins ice cream place.  I wish people still made ice cream in strawberry ripple and cherry vanilla flavors.

No comments: