Saturday, January 04, 2014

What's eating you?

What's eating me?  The other day I read about this New York Times op-ed piece written by the newspaper's former executive editor Bill Keller. (Back when he was editing the Paper of Record, someone nicknamed him "Helen" Keller, which is unfair to the real Helen Keller and her high ideals.)

In this piece, Keller identified liberals like Elizabeth Warren and Bill di Blasio as "the left-left," while more moderate liberals like President Obama were "the center-left." It's always bugged me when people refer to liberals as "the left"--while "the conservative right" is redundant, "the liberal left" is an oxymoron--and now Keller's taken it one step beyond!  This is the consequence of liberals responding to conservative victories by demanding a move "to the center," a move as short-sighted as a punched boxer stepping back.

I finally cracked level 52 in Pet Rescue Saga.  After I've reached my highest level, I think I'll go back and play level 52 again!  It's a real challenge, requiring you to move the keys down ahead of the animals and use the level-zapper at the right time, and even when you've learned to do that the odds are somewhat against you.

At the cinema the other day, I saw a movie poster with the line "Based on the inspiring true story." That's the least appealing movie promo I've seen since "From the makers of Love, Actually"!

Last night I went to Lillian's Karaoke Meetup at the Office.  I'm glad I don't have to work in places like that.

No comments: