Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Back to Coro Verdi

This evening we returned to choir practice after a three-week break.  We're working on a concert of Italian folk songs for early June.  Giuseppe wasn't happy about the small number of mezzos, but he had a vote and all of us in turn said that we wanted to continue the choir.

It's been a few years since we did a concert that was all folk songs. (I've missed doing that music a lot.) These songs include "Funiculi, Funicula," "Tiritomba," "Lu 'bbene che j' te vuje," "In Mezzo al Mar," "Vola Vola," "O Marenariello," "I Battitore di Grano," and of course "Santa Lucia." Unfortunately, we weren't up to the challenge of "Lu Piante de le Fojje" and Giuseppe almost ended things right there, until we convinced him we could do some easier songs instead.  Too bad, it's a nice song.  And I hope we can get some more mezzos before June.

Last night I dreamed of "waking up" in the morning and singing the Dean Martin song "Memories Are Made of This." (That's one of the songs I sing at karaoke.) But then in my dream I remembered the superstition that if you sing before breakfast, you'll cry before night!  Recently I've had this recurring dream where I have some clothes in a house in one town, and other clothes in another town.

This is the 200th post on this blog of mine.  Woohoo!

No comments: