Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tax time

Today I did my taxes.  It's pretty simple for me:  I just needed three bank documents showing my investment income, and the total profit Aquilon Books. (It's just over $500 this year.) That's being reported as my income because my total has been beneath the taxable level for years.

This year you have to do it online, so I bought the Tax Freeway software.  I finished the whole return but found an error:  I hadn't entered the number of the business category for our book trade.  I found out that number, but because of some technical glitch I can't enter it!  If this were on paper, I could just add it to my written description of the business and the person reading it could figure it out.  But this is a computer, so I'm stuck.  Maybe I'll have to buy a new software download. (They're pretty cheap.)

This evening I saw Wim Wenders' THE BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB at the Yonge & Dundas Event Screen.  It's a nice movie with some great Cuban music.  I especially liked the scene where the aged jazz pianist was playing at a ballet school and surrounded by kids.

The last zip.ca DVD has completed its return journey.  My Safari homepage has links to twelve pages, and I've removed zip.ca from the twelve and replaced it with that Empire game. (My main challenge in that game is to raid nearby robber barons to keep food coming in to support my soldiers.)

No comments: