Sunday, April 21, 2013

Snail's Pace Walking Meetup

"But everybody knows that life isn't worth living"--L'ETRANGER

Happily, Anita has revived her Snail's Pace Walking Meetup after taking a break for a year or two.  Today we walked through a Wilket Creek Park trail, which started near Eglinton & Leslie, up to Edwards Gardens. (They had an African violet show and some Earth Day activities.) Afterward we had lunch at a Swiss Chalet near Eglinton & Don Mills.

I recognized Mary and Angela from past Meetups, but didn't remember their names:  they didn't mind me asking but it embarrasses me. (I go to so many Meetup events that I meet too many people to remember most of their names.) I also met an Iranian couple.

On the way back, I finished reading L'ETRANGER.  The last few pages were really jaw-dropping!  I was thinking of making closing passages the topic of the June ROLT Meetup, and I'll have to read this one.

In that Empire game I finally ran out of food and my attack troops deserted.  But now I have a new outpost with a food supply and I'll soon be ready to recruit some new ones.  (I've split my defense troops between the castle and the outpost and I'm starting to run a food surplus again.)

No comments: