Saturday, April 27, 2013

Two Meetups

In the morning I went on a walk with the Life Begins at 40 Meetup.  We started near Eglinton & Leslie--the same place where Sunday's walk started--and walked into Ernest Thompson Seton Park. (I was thinking I should read Seton's WILD ANIMALS I HAVE KNOWN, which we have a copy of.)

Cecilia Ferreira was there, with a pink streak in her hair.  I invited her to have dinner with me at Kramer's, using the gift certificate I won in the trivia contest, and she said yes!  We still have to find the right time, and I've suggested Friday in an email. (We exchanged email addresses by writing on the date-due slip which I've been using as a bookmark for READING LOLITA IN TEHRAN.)

Donald came by for dinner (which was turkey), and afterward figured out how to get my tax return filed!  Too bad I couldn't stay to see it because of my second Meetup.

That was the Toronto Movies and Outings Meetup.  We met at Hue's Kitchen to discuss THE GREAT GATSBY.  When someone mentioned Arsenio Hall, I referred to him by my nickname "Arse Hall," which Jane found clever.  Next month Matthew the organizer will make an event of seeing the new Leo DiCaprio movie of the book, but I'm still unsure if I want to see it.

No comments: