Monday, April 15, 2013

The Theatre Meetup

The Theatre Meetup had another event today.  Five of us met at the Safari on Avenue Road north of Lawrence.  We were supposed to imagine undead characters to play, and I thought of a twist on the Phantom of the Opera.  I imagined playing the Phantom of the Dinner Theater!  He'd dress very kitschily, with a big, obvious wig, medallions and rings, and maybe an Elvis-type jumper.  I also imagined a zombie walk, staggering about with my left shoulder low and my right shoulder high (like Richard III), twirling my right forearm about the elbow, muttering "DINNER... DINNER..."

Anyway, we got a new idea of putting on an interactive murder mystery.  We'll rent a restaurant and combine the show with dinner.  You can buy a kit online for one of those mysteries, which come in a lot of variations. (One of the guys in the group has performed in mysteries with a Charles Dickens theme and a Dirty Thirties theme.) It sounds fun.

On the way home, I finished WANDERLUST.  It's enjoyable, though it could have used better editing. (At one point the author wrote of "wrangling" a passport, where "wangling" was the correct word.)

I've started a new castle-building online game called Empire.  I'm a sucker for those games.

I have a pretty big headache just now.

No comments: