Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mengrai Gourmet Thai

Today I joined the Life Begins at 40 Meetup for dinner at the Mengrai Gourmet Thai restaurant near Queen and Sherbourne. (It's a trendy place that's attracted some celebrities:  the manager told us that Samuel L. Jackson is very friendly.)  There were fourteen of us, with just one or two no-shows.  It cost $42 apiece.  At one moment we ended up discussing our favorite lines from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. ("Damn your eyes!" "Too late!")

I've fixed the earlier glitch in my tax return, but I still can't file it, this time because the file name ends with an .x12 extension when it has to end with .tax.  We'll have to call Donald over to figure it out. (I'm sure there'll be a lot of late returns this year!)

Last night I rented the Blu-Ray disc of Spielberg's LINCOLN and saw it again with the parents.

I was at the supermarket today and they included a penny in my change!  (They aren't quite all gone from circulation.) Just recently we got the last pennies to complete a 50-cent roll.

I've started reading the book PORTUGUESE PHRASES FOR DUMMIES.  It has a lot of expressions that are common in Brazil. Sometime I'm going resume those Memrise lessons because they have audio to show how to pronounce the language.

No comments: