Thursday, July 04, 2013

Ph.D. Students Meetup

Yesterday I went to a Ph.D. Students Meetup.  Sure, I'm long finished with that part of my life, but I like to have a chance to talk about it with people still going through it.  We met at the Art Gallery of Ontario cafeteria. (Corinne was doing research at the AGO library.)

Corinne is in a Ph.D. program at the University of Edinburgh.  Her thesis has something to do with art and music and vagueness, but I can't really describe it.  I do know that her research has something to do with the painter Eugene Delacroix, because that's why she was at the AGO library.

Dianayah was also there.  She's working in psychology and her thesis will be about abused children.  She's a native of Benin in Africa, and she was really impressed that I remember her native country used to be called Dahomey.

In the evening I went to another trivia contest with Sash's Toronto Social Group.  This one was about 1970s movies and I did very, very well.  But the noise level of the crowd got to me.

Last night, no doubt because of the earlier Meetup, I dreamed of being back at Goodenough College trying to finish my Ph.D. thesis research.

No comments: