Monday, July 01, 2013

Canada Day

"He says my drums were interfering with my school work.  The way I see it, school work is interfering with my drumming"--Freaks and Geeks

Today is Canada's national holiday.  They've had a couple of posts on that subject at the Canadian page of THE HUFFINGTON POST. (I mostly read the US page, but I sometimes read the Canadian and British pages too.) One writer asked about the meaning of Canada, and one comment said that Canada meant nothing.  I couldn't resist adding, "Canada:  the 'It's about nothing' country!"

Yesterday I went on another ROMwalk.  This one started at the first Toronto post office and went through the St. Lawrence market neighborhood.  I hadn't noticed what fancy architecture the St. Lawrence Hall was.

Last night I saw an American Experience documentary about Robert E. Lee.  I couldn't help feeling that his genius was tragically wasted on a cause that couldn't win and didn't deserve to.

Yesterday this blog got over 200 pageviews!  And the main source is Poland.

No comments: