Sunday, July 14, 2013

Salsa on St. Clair

This weekend they're having the annual Salsa on St. Clair weekend just north of our house. It gets pretty noisy and I like to find things to do elsewhere.  Fortunately, there were a couple of Meetup events today.

The first one, of course, was my ROLT Meetup.  Last fall's poetry event was so successful that I did another one this time.  I read Robert Browning's "The Pied Piper of Hamelin," A.E. Housman's "Hell Gate," W.H. Auden's "September 1 1939" and Robert Frost's "Mending Wall."

Moira didn't come because she was helping to paint the living room. (Maybe I should have been doing that too.) We now have the new living room windows installed.  Our next project will be installing the new toilet with two flush levels in the main bathroom.  For the past week it's been pretty inconvenient having to use the downstairs toilet all the time.

A total of eight people came!  A new member called Heather was particularly laudatory about the group. I got the others to contribute five dollars each toward my Meetup organizing fees. (It's about $150/year, but I'll be happy if they absorb half the cost.) Next month our topic will be humorous writing.

This evening I went to a Karaoke Meetup at BarPlus.  Besides Jonah and me, there was a newlywed couple.  Jonah left a bit early, and so did I.  Didn't dare to sing anything new.

No comments: