Saturday, May 11, 2013

Applause for a Cause

This morning I woke up with a huge headache.  It must be the weather.

This evening I went to another Applause for a Cause meeting.  Two weeks from now we'll be having our casting call.  It looks like our charity will be the Geneva Centre for autistic and Asperger's people, which both Ali (through his son) and I have been involved with.  I noticed that my character is a "confirmed bachelor" and wondered if that means he's gay. (The British magazine PRIVATE EYE uses the term in that sense.) Ali will be playing the detective and I encouraged him to use my fedora in his costume.

Both Don and Martha have worked in TV, and they were talking about what a headache that is.  Martha says some TV people are really mean, and Don says everyone at HGTV seems to be twelve. I mentioned that Moira overheard someone in the Toronto movie industry on the subway who said that a lot of the stars were jerks but spoke well of Sean Connery and Kathleen Turner.  Don mentioned that he'd witnessed the filming of SWITCHING CHANNELS 25 years ago and Turner was really bitchy all through the shoot. (She was in a bad mood because she thought her co-star was going to be Michael Caine, and they had wonderful chemistry when they rehearsed, but Caine had to do reshoots on JAWS 4 and Turner was pregnant so filming couldn't be delayed, and they had to recast Burt Reynolds in Caine's role.  When Reynolds met Turner, according to Turner's memoir, he said, "This is the first time a woman had top billing over me.") Reynolds, on the other hand, was popular with everyone on the crew other than Turner.

My feet got sore by the time I got home.  I really need a new pair of shoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mostly because that old ways of marketing and advertising have evolved.
If you now don't learn how regarding use the potty, then you aren't able to go to preschool next month.


Feel free to surf to my blog - agencje ochrony