Friday, May 17, 2013

New shoes

Today I finally got a new pair of shoes. (The soles on my last ones split after visiting London in September.) We went to the Wal-Mart on St. Clair west of Keele, where I got a Dr. Scholl's pair.  My shoe size is 8 1/2, which is sometimes scarce.  I also got a light summer jacket to replace the tattered green one.

Today was Moira's birthday, so John, Donald and Kathrine came over and we ate Indian food.  They also brought a new bookcase for my room, which fits into one corner just right.  I won't be running out of book space for a long while!

Gordon lost some weight recently, and sent Moira an email (through my address), telling her the titles of the diet books he was using:  stuff like THE PALEO DIET.

This evening I finally finished translating the children's history of Portugal.  Now I've started translating those booklets about the lives of the saints.  The first one is about Saint Bruno, who was born in Cologne and became a famous teacher in Rheims, educating people like Pope Urban II.  He was the pope who called a council that was supposed to discuss church reform, but he changed the subject by launching the most unsaintly First Crusade! (Sounds like a Republican.)

The US has now overtaken Russia as this blog's leading source of pageviews.

No comments: