Thursday, May 16, 2013

Under the weather

Puitak and Gordon invited us to lunch at the Mandarin restaurant near Eglinton station.  They'd recently visited China, including Puitak's hometown in Guangdong.  I finished lunch way earlier than the others did. (I skipped the soup.) My fortune cookie said "Expect much from yourself and little from others," which seems like good advice.

Unfortunately, the food disagreed with me.  I was sick that evening. (Maybe I should have skipped dinner.) While I usually write blog posts around midnight, I waited till the morning to write this one.

I've been reading the Fanatagraphic Books series of PEANUTS reprints.  I'm near the end of the 1960s by now.  I've noticed Sunday strips I remember reading at the time (on Saturdays, of course) from as early as 1968.  And I remember seeing some dailies from 1969.

I've found a Facebook page devoted to classic comic strips like KERRY DRAKE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that you see, the least they is going to do after taking their land? Much inconvenience last from neglecting support tasks.

My web site ... ochrona obiektów lublin