Sunday, May 26, 2013

PETER PAN

This afternoon I went to the Open Doors events at the Bloor and Revue cinemas.  At both of them I got to inside the projection room and see the projectors. (The Bloor largely projects digitally these days.) And both places had free popcorn!

Later I joined the Classical Movies Meetup to see the silent version of PETER PAN (for the second time), with live piano by William O'Meara.  It's the best film I've seen of J.M. Barrie's play:  Betty Bronson is remarkable in the title role. (Silent cinema is well-suited to adult actors playing children, as Mary Pickford often did.) Next month they're showing the Buster Keaton comedy THE THREE AGES.

In addition to the feature, they showed a silent Our Gang short called DOG HEAVEN, 1890s French films by the Lumiere brothers, and footage of Remembrance Day ceremonies at the Ottawa war memorial.  They took so much time all together that I didn't get home till past 7:00.  Oh well, I think I prefer scalloped potatoes after they've gone cold. (You won't burn your mouth.)

Bev and I are trying to find a time when we can see THE GREAT GATSBY together.  I'd said I prefer the non-3D version, but that's really a minor detail for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really are millions tens of tens of thousands songs to choose from each time
menstruation and genre. African music is a representation of joy, absolutely love and bravery.


Have a look at my webpage; pobierowo