Friday, May 03, 2013

My first date

This evening I had dinner with Cecilia at Kramer's Bar & Grill and spent the $30 gift certificate plus another fifteen dollars. (I'm 51, but I'm new to dating.  Dr. Hassan was surprised to learn that I didn't go out on dates; he wonders how I can stand it.) I wore my green cardigan since my warm-weather jacket is getting tattered.  I ordered spaghetti and ice cream and she ordered salmon.  Cecilia, if you're reading this, I had a good time with you.  And thanks for reading my blog.

WILD ANIMALS I HAVE KNOWN is a wonderful book.  Today I read this passage:  "Meanwhile the sun had gone about his business elsewhere, taking all his gold and glory with him.  Off in the east a big black shutter came pushing up and rising higher and higher; it spread over the whole sky, shut out all light and left the world a very gloomy place indeed.  Then another mischief-maker, the wind, taking advantage of the sun's absence, came on the scene and set about brewing trouble.  The weather turned colder and colder; it seemed worse than when the ground had been covered with snow."

Writing that good makes me want to be a writer too.

No comments: