Friday, May 24, 2013

BARRYMORE

"I don't know what I'd do without him, but I'd like to"--BARRYMORE

Today I went out to 2Q Video and rented the DVD of BARRYMORE, with Christopher Plummer in a largely one-man show as John Barrymore at the end of his days. (This was a video that got broadcast in cinemas, like Plummer's CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA, which I also saw on DVD.) It was quite a tour de force.  I'd like to know more about Ned Shelton, the playwright who encouraged him to become a great Shakespearean actor.

The other day I finished translating the Portuguese booklet about Saint Bruno of Cologne.  I learned that when the rest of western Europe was caught up in the First Crusade zeitgeist, he and his monks were unaffected and continued to cultivate their own gardens.  Maybe he WAS a saint!

I realized that my dental appointment is scheduled for the same day as our final choir concert.  I'll have to reschedule it lest I take too long to recover. (I tried to do that today, but the doctor wasn't in just then.)

I went to bed at 8:00 P.M., then woke up just before midnight.  No doubt it'll take me a while to get back to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without one, you won't be maximizing your workout time. Unquestionably the DVD did far from being make me want to put E . d . Frawley at seo of my "to see in person" list.

My blog post: biuro detektywistyczne warszawa