Friday, May 17, 2013

NEAT walk

Today I went on a NEAT walk.  It stands for Newcomers Explore & Appreciate Toronto.  These walks are organized by Culture Link, an organization to help Toronto immigrants feel at home.  I sometimes go on them because I like meeting immigrants.  This walk had immigrants from Spain, Nigeria, Pakistan and Korea.  We met at the Spadina station streetcar platform, took the streetcar to College Street, then walked to Nathan Phillips Square.

On the way home I stopped at Fiesta Gardens on Christie Street to get some more seed potatoes to plant:  we now have both Yukon Gold and Kennebec.  I'm also digging a ditch around the garden to improve its drainage.  And today I brought out our electric lawnmower and cut our grass for the first time.

This morning the internet signal was flickering so I couldn't open anything.  But in the afternoon Father fixed the problem just by turning the modem off and on again!

This evening I went to another meeting of the theatre group.  We set June 14 for the big casting call.

A big new traffic source for this blog is the European social network vk.com .  In recent days a Polish spammer left some spam comments here. (Oh well, it's better than nothing.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victim planning software can a perfect assortment for many specific
reasons.

My site adwokat warszawa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy a number of great, live jazz music at Steamers
Caf located inside the 138 W.

my webpage :: adwokat warszawa