Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Two singers

Not much happening today.  I was hoping to see THE GREAT GATSBY in the afternoon with Bev, but that fell through for now.  And there was going to be a meeting of AFACT (Applause For A Cause Theater), but that got delayed to Sunday.  So I went out and rented a couple of videos.

One was SING YOUR SONG, a documentary about singer-activist Harry Belafonte.  He's still being active today on issues like New Orleans.  The clips they showed of his TV specials made me wish I could see them whole!  (I never knew that "There's a Hole in the Bucket" was a Belafonte song.)

The other was some episodes from Tom Jones' TV show between 1969 and 1971.  The first episode was pretty fun, though the joke about four beauties coming out of a packing case was not PC.  They had Peter Sellers in a car-salesman sketch written by Graham Chapman and John Cleese of Monty Python fame.

Through experimentation, I've figured out that half an hour is too long to let a Klondike bar thaw at room temperature. (It gets all gooey.) But at fifteen minutes it's melted enough to appeal to me.  I like half-melted ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This particular is the acquire to be trained at
doing one thing. Upkeep careers depend at the success
of the people they manage.

Feel free to visit my website ... tanie wczasy nad morzem

Anonymous said...

When you are walking you will don't you think about all the problems that you have either. Detox spas are typically the adequate way to start the effectively being program.

my web page zespół muzyczny Poznań